Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spring Break!

It is early in the morning.  The stars and moon are still out but they're are not visible.  The are out shown by the neon lights that engulf the Vegas Strip.  From my room, I can see the majestic volcano of the Mirage.  I can see the fireworks erupting from the Sirens of TI.  I can see everything but the stars.  I decide it is time to reunite with my beloved stars.  I leave before anyone can notice my absence.  I go to reclaim my stars.  I start with going to the Grand Canyon.  I see my lovely stars.  They are there but barely visible over the rising sun.  I wait until they appear again and when they do, I am at peace again.  I then go to Zion where I make sure my beautiful stars are still visible.  I go to Arches where the setting sun matches the the reds and oranges of the surrounding mountains.  Then when the sun is set, I once again see my stars.  My stars are what is left to remind me of my beloved.  For before he went, he told me he was going back to be one with the stars.  So when I am sure my stars are still safe and still whole, I feel such peace and I know, I can go and rejoin my stars.  To become one with my stars and have eternal night with my stars.

(Okay, this was written sort of quick and turned out way more sappy then I was thinking.  It was supposed to be an adventure story in Vegas but, what can I do? :))

No comments:

Post a Comment