Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Post of March

     Before I get sick, I usually get this weird/off vibration around my diaphragm. I compare it in my head to a slightly warped image of Halloween/fall/weirdness (or maybe something else entirely, as those thoughts usually coincide for me with more ethereal feelings). I had that feeling a few days ago when I was getting up off of my couch. Coupled with that was a pounding sensation in my head that wouldn't go away with any amount of fluids. Today, I have one of my perennial sniffly noses, complete with a never-ending half sneeze. I've wanted to scream at the top of my lungs the entire day.
     I'm beginning to notice that when I'm sick, my mind takes on a sharper way of thinking. On the ACT Plan today, I do believe I did better than on my previous prep test. I predicted an equation for Honors Physics that we wouldn't be using until today. I've been doing other math problems on the side for a couple days now as well. But when it comes to non-academic thoughts, I've been exceedingly more scattered. I suppose I have a heightened potential to apply myself, but when I'm not doing that, my mind slips into a pink, milky haze. That sort of parallels being sick in general: Your body's normal symbiosis becomes fractured into performing certain things (such as fighting off viruses) with a greater effort, while other activities (muscle-moving, breathing, etc) are lowered in priority.
     I have to go to my last sporting event for work today (manning the gate at a Junior High wrestling game). I'll be receiving my paycheck, which will more than likely include today's work on it. However, because of my sickness, I really shouldn't be going. BUT, if I don't go, they'll have to redo the paycheck, and I won't get my money until a later date. That would mean that the vinyl/CDs I want to buy won't be buyable immediately. So, despite my recently heightened concern for my health, I must force myself to rough it out until the end of the game. I can always take tomorrow off from school!

No comments:

Post a Comment