Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Gap

There is a gap
    a vast chasm
        of indeterminable distance
            between the things I want                                          and the things I can have
                It makes me wonder
                    How far is the reach
                       Can I bridge the gap?
                           That which resides on the far side              is all I yearn for these days
                                Its just beyond my reach
                                     Just outside my grasp
                                         And I can’t help but think
                                             If I can just stretch a little farther  what I want will be mine
                                                  But the distance is too far
                                                       Its as though my fingers
                                                          Brush the other side
But I can never make the leap
           
There is a gap
      a vast chasm
            of indeterminable distance
                between you                                                                          and I
                    and its as though my fingers
                             brush against yours but
                                     cannot seem to take hold
So I never take the leap


----
A poem about how getting what we want is difficult and communicating what we want is just as hard. I was a bit down one day. Enjoy!
-Cara

1 comment:

  1. http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/i+know+that+feel+bro+_ad1f5a15540b26038d01e19235efbe69.jpg

    ReplyDelete